Terms of Service
1. General Terms.
(A) Governing Terms. This website, including but not limited to articles, posts, comments, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips, video clips, the features and services available from the site such as RSS feeds, automated emails and other communications, (collectively “Ketagalanmedia.com” or “Site”) is an interactive on-line service operated by Ketagalan LLC (“Ketagalan”). These Terms of Service, along with any additional terms and conditions that are referenced herein or that are presented elsewhere on the Site in relation to a specific service or feature (collectively “Terms of Service”), set forth the terms and conditions that apply to your use of Ketagalanmedia.com. By using Ketagalanmedia.com, you agree to comply with all of the terms and conditions hereof, whether or not you are a registered user. If you do not agree to these Terms of Service, you should not access or use Ketagalanmedia.com.
(B) Changes to Terms of Service. Ketagalan may modify the Terms of Service, or any part thereof, or add or remove terms at any time, and such modifications, additions or deletions will be effective immediately upon posting. Your use of Ketagalanmedia.com after such posting shall be deemed to constitute acceptance by you of such modifications, additions or deletions.
(C) Changes to Site. Ketagalan may change or discontinue any aspect, service or feature of Ketagalanmedia.com at any time, including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use.
(D) Registration. You may be given the opportunity to register via an online registration form to create a user account (your “Account”) that may allow you to receive information from Ketagalan and/or to participate in certain features on the Site such as certain Interactive Areas. By registering you represent and warrant that all information that you provide on the registration form is current, complete and accurate to the best of your knowledge. You agree to maintain and promptly update your registration information on the Site so that it remains current, complete and accurate. During the registration process, you may be required to choose a password. You acknowledge and agree that Ketagalan may rely on this password to identify you. You are responsible for all use of your Account, regardless of whether you authorized such access or use, and for ensuring that all use of your Account complies fully with the provisions of these Terms of Service.
(E) Equipment. You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all connectivity, computer software, hardware and other equipment needed for access to and use of Ketagalanmedia.com and all charges related to the same.
2. Community Guidelines & User Content
(A) Interactive Areas. Ketagalanmedia.com may contain comments sections, discussion forums, bulletin boards, or other interactive features (“Interactive Areas”) in which you may post or upload comments or user-generated content such as video, photos, messages, other materials or items (collectively, “User Content”). You are solely responsible for your use of any Interactive Areas and you use them at your own risk. By submitting User Content to an Interactive Area, you represent that you are 13 years of age or older and, if you are under the age of 18, you either are an emancipated minor, or have obtained the legal consent of your parent or legal guardian to enter into these Terms of Service, submit content, participate on Ketagalanmedia.com, and fulfill the obligations set forth in these Terms of Service, which forms a binding contract between you and Ketagalan.
(B) Community Guidelines. If you submit any User Content or participate in an Interactive Area within or in connection with Ketagalanmedia.com, you agree to abide by the following rules of conduct:
• You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content that violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including any statements which may defame, harass, stalk or threaten others;
• You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content that is offensive, including expressions of bigotry, racism, abusiveness, vulgarity or profanity.
• You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content that shows bias on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual preference, age, region, disability or that is otherwise discriminatory.
• You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any material that contains or advocates pornography, pedophilia, incest, bestiality, or that is otherwise obscene.
• You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content that violates any law or engage in activity that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability;
• You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content that advocates or provides instruction on illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
• You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit, without Ketagalan’s express prior approval, User Content which contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services;
• You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit User Content that does not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of any Interactive Area;
• You agree not to impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, any Ketagalan employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
• You agree not to interfere with any other user’s right to privacy, including by harvesting or collecting personally-identifiable information about Ketagalanmedia.com users or posting private information about a third party;
• You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content, software or other materials which contain a virus or other harmful or disruptive component;
• You agree not to interfere with or disrupt Ketagalanmedia.com or the servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
• You agree not to upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
• You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purpose, any portion of Ketagalanmedia.com, use of Ketagalanmedia.com, or access to Ketagalanmedia.com;
• You agree not to upload, post, or otherwise transmit any User Content protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of such copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right. The burden of determining that any User Content is not protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right rests with you. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, rights of publicity or other proprietary rights or any other harm resulting from such a submission. Any person determined by Ketagalan, in its sole discretion, to have violated the intellectual property or other rights of others shall be barred from submitting or posting any further material on Ketagalanmedia.com;
• You agree that if necessary, you have the consent of each and every identifiable natural person in any submission to use such persons name or likeness in the manner contemplated by Ketagalanmedia.com;
• You agree that any person who appears in your submission who is a current member of the Screen Actors Guild (SAG), the American Federation of Television and Radio Actors (AFTRA) or any other rights society is not entitled to compensation by Ketagalan.
Any conduct that in Ketagalan’s sole discretion restricts or inhibits anyone else from using or enjoying Ketagalanmedia.com will not be permitted. Ketagalan reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove or edit User Content by you and to terminate your Account for any reason. Ketagalan is not responsible for User Content submitted to Ketagalanmedia.com or posted in comments sections, chat rooms, on bulletin boards or on other Interactive Areas by users of Ketagalanmedia.com.
(C) Monitoring. Ketagalan shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor User Content posted or uploaded to Ketagalanmedia.com to determine compliance with these Terms of Service and any operating rules established by Ketagalan and to satisfy any law, regulation or authorized government request. Although Ketagalan has no obligation to monitor, screen, edit or remove any of the User Content posted or uploaded to Ketagalanmedia.com, Ketagalan reserves the right, and has absolute discretion, to screen, edit, refuse to post or remove without notice any User Content posted or uploaded to Ketagalanmedia.com at any time and for any reason, and you are solely responsible for creating backup copies of and replacing any User Content posted to the Site at your sole cost and expense.
(D) License to User Content. By submitting User Content to Ketagalanmedia.com, you automatically grant Ketagalan andall of its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, including any such entities that is formed at a future date, the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, publish, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, translate, create derivative works from, incorporate into other works, distribute, sub-license and otherwise exploit such User Content (in whole or in part) worldwide in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such User Content. You warrant that such User Content is accurate and not misleading, and that use and posting or other transmission of such User Content does not violate these Terms of Service and will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity. You further grant Ketagalan the right to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your or Ketagalan’s rights in the User Content by a breach of these Terms of Service.
(E) Moral Rights. If it is determined that you retain moral rights (including rights of attribution or integrity) in the User Content, you hereby declare that (a) you do not require that any personally identifying information be used in connection with the User Content, or any derivative works of or upgrades or updates thereto; (b) you have no objection to the publication, use, modification, deletion and exploitation of the User Content by Ketagalan or its licensees, successors and assigns; (c) you forever waive and agree not to claim or assert any entitlement to any and all moral rights of an author in any of the User Content; and (d) you forever release Ketagalan, and its licensees, successors and assigns, from any claims that you could otherwise assert against Ketagalan by virtue of any such moral rights. You also permit any other user to access, view, store or reproduce the User Content for that user’s personal use.
(F) User Content submitted by you will be considered non-confidential and Ketagalan is under no obligation to treat such User Content as proprietary information. Without limiting the foregoing, Ketagalan reserves the right to use any User Content as it deems appropriate, including, without limitation, deleting, editing, modifying, rejecting, or refusing to post it. Ketagalan is under no obligation to offer you any payment for User Content that you submit or the opportunity to edit, delete or otherwise modify User Content once it has been submitted to Ketagalan. Ketagalan shall have no duty to attribute authorship of User Content to you, and shall not be obligated to enforce any form of attribution by third parties.
3. Copyright Ownership. Ketagalanmedia.com contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the entire contents of Ketagalanmedia.com are copyrighted as a collective work under the United States copyright laws. Ketagalan owns copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of the content, in whole or in part. You may download copyrighted material for your personal use only. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express permission of Ketagalan and the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.
4. Third Party Content. Ketagalan is a distributor (and not a publisher) of content supplied by third parties and users. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers or users of Ketagalanmedia.com, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of Ketagalan. Neither Ketagalan nor any third-party provider of information guarantees the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content, nor its merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. (Refer to Section 6 below for the complete provisions governing limitation of liabilities and disclaimers of warranty.)
In many instances, the content available through Ketagalanmedia.com represents the opinions and judgments of the respective user or information provider not under contract with Ketagalan. Ketagalan neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on Ketagalanmedia.com by any third party. Under no circumstances will Ketagalan be liable for any loss or damage caused by your use or reliance on information obtained through Ketagalanmedia.com. Ketagalan is not responsible for any actions or inaction on your part based on the information that is presented on Ketagalanmedia.com. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through Ketagalanmedia.com. Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific information, opinion, advice or other content.
5. Advertisements and Promotions. Ketagalan may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on the Site. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers other than Ketagalan, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. Ketagalan is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of third-party advertisers on the Site.
6. Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability.
(A) YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF KETAGALANMEDIA.COM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER KETAGALAN, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, ITS OTHER AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT KETAGALANMEDIA.COM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF KETAGALANMEDIA.COM, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE, OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH KETAGALANMEDIA.COM.
(B) KETAGALANMEDIA.COM, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DOWNLOADABLE SOFTWARE, IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
(C) KETAGALANMEDIA.COM MAY OFFER HEALTH, FITNESS, NUTRITIONAL AND OTHER SUCH INFORMATION, BUT SUCH INFORMATION IS DESIGNED FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON KETAGALANMEDIA.COM DOES NOT AND IS NOT INTENDED TO CONVEY MEDICAL ADVICE AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE. YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. KETAGALAN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIONS OR INACTION ON A USER’S PART BASED ON THE INFORMATION THAT IS PRESENTED IN KETAGALANMEDIA.COM.
(D) NEITHER KETAGALAN, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, ITS OTHER AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS ARE LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD-PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
(E) IN NO EVENT WILL KETAGALAN, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, ITS OTHER AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING KETAGALANMEDIA.COM OR THE KETAGALANMEDIA.COM SOFTWARE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE KETAGALANMEDIA.COM.
(F) IN ADDITION TO THE TERMS SET FORTH ABOVE NEITHER, KETAGALAN, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, ITS OTHER AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, INFORMATION PROVIDERS OR CONTENT PARTNERS BE LIABLE REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OR DURATION, FOR ANY ERRORS, INACCURACIES, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER DEFECTS IN, OR UNTIMELINESS OR UNAUTHENTICITY OF, THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN KETAGALANMEDIA.COM, OR FOR ANY DELAY OR INTERRUPTION IN THE TRANSMISSION THEREOF TO YOU, OR FOR ANY CLAIMS OR LOSSES ARISING THEREFROM OR OCCASIONED THEREBY. NONE OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS OR LOSSES OF ANY NATURE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. NEITHER KETAGALAN, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, ITS OTHER AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, INFORMATION PROVIDERS OR CONTENT PARTNERS WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE TIMELINESS, SEQUENCE, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS INFORMATION. ADDITIONALLY, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE INFORMATION.
(G) Ketagalan disclaims any and all liability of any kind for any unauthorized access to or use of your personally identifiable information. By accessing Ketagalanmedia.com, you acknowledge and agree to Ketagalan’s disclaimer of any such liability. If you do not agree, you should not access or use Ketagalanmedia.com.
7. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Ketagalan, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of the use of Ketagalanmedia.com by you or your Account.
8. Termination. Ketagalan may terminate or suspend these Terms of Service at any time without notice to You. Without limiting the foregoing, Ketagalan shall have the right to immediately terminate your Account in the event of any conduct by you which Ketagalan, in its sole discretion, considers to be unacceptable, or in the event of any breach by you of these Terms of Service. The provisions of Sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 shall survive termination of these Terms of Service.
9. Trademarks. Ketagalan, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, own all rights to their logos and trademarks used in connection with the Site. All other logos and trademarks appearing on Ketagalanmedia.com are the property of their respective owners.
10. Miscellaneous. These Terms of Service and any operating rules for Ketagalanmedia.com established by Ketagalan constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all previous written or oral agreements between the parties with respect to such subject matter. The provisions of these Terms of Service are for the benefit of Ketagalan, its parent, subsidiaries, other affiliates and its third party content providers and licensors and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly or on its own behalf. These Terms of Service shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal import.
11. Copyrights and Copyright Agent. Ketagalan respects the rights of all copyright holders and in this regard, Ketagalan has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users and account holders who infringe the rights of copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Ketagalan’s Copyright Agent the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 512:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
For copyright inquiries under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act please contact:
Copyright Agent Email: email@example.com.
For web posting, reprint, transcript or licensing requests for Ketagalan material, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions or requests other than copyright issues or licensing requests, please contact email@example.com.
12. Dispute Resolution. If a dispute arises between Ketagalan and you (collectively, “the parties”), the parties will first attempt to resolve in good faith any controversies arising out of these Terms of Service or the interpretation thereof. If the parties cannot reach a resolution, such controversies shall be settled in arbitration. Any controversy or claim, whether in tort, contract, or otherwise, arising out of or relating to the relationship between the parties shall be submitted to binding arbitration. BY AGREEING TO ARBITRATE, EACH PARTY AGREES TO WAIVE ITS RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL.
- The arbitration will be conducted in accordance with this document, the Federal Arbitration Act, and CPR Rules for Non-Administered Arbitration. The arbitration shall be conducted before a panel of one to three arbitrators mutually appointed by the parties. The arbitration shall be commenced and held in the State of California. Any issue concerning the location of the arbitration, the extent to which any dispute is subject to arbitration, or the applicability, interpretation, or enforceability of this agreement shall be resolved by all of the arbitrators.
- Each party will be entitled to depose a maximum of six witnesses, including all experts designated to be witnesses at the arbitration. The depositions shall be limited to a maximum of three hours per deposition.
- All aspects of the arbitration shall be treated as confidential and neither the parties nor the arbitrators may disclose the content or results of the arbitration, except as necessary to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
- The result of the arbitration shall be binding on the parties and judgment on the arbitrators’ award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction.
- Unless the arbitrator directs otherwise, the non-prevailing party shall bear the costs for such proceedings, including reasonable attorneys’ fees for the prevailing party.
13. Reservation of Rights and Release. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor, or take any action we deem appropriate regarding disputes that you may have with other users, clients or partners of ours. To the extent the law permits, you release us from any claims or liability related to the Site and from any claims related to the conduct of any other user, client or partner of ours. You hereby waive California Civil Code Section 1542 (if you are a California resident), and any similar provision in any other jurisdiction (if you are a resident of such jurisdiction), which states: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
These Terms of Service were last updated on March 4, 2014.