We are joined by University of Toronto Political Science PhD student and former National Taiwan University student president Ching-Fang Hsu as we ponder the end of student demonstrators’ occupying Taiwan’s parliament for 24 days. We think about questions such as:
- What is the long term meaning of the Sunflower Movement?
- How did a new political generation in Taiwan come about?
- What’s next for this new raw political energy that was unleashed?
- How will this generation answer the challenge of the unholy trinity of “Governance + China + Globalized Capitalism”?
(Feature photo by Hermes Huang)
Latest posts by The Ketagalan Project (see all)
- Podcast: Being Gay in Taiwan - June 15, 2017
- Taiwan’s 70s Gay Subculture and Authoritarian Rule: Crystal Boys - May 26, 2017
- Marriage Equality, Innovation, Taiwan and Trump: Conversation with Jennifer Lu and Miao Poya - May 25, 2017