If you have been listening to our interviews on Ketagalan Media, you will know that we uncover quite some interesting topics related to Taiwan’s culture, arts and history. For some of our listeners in Taiwan, however, you may not know that there is a very vibrant, active, and diverse yet tightly knit community of Taiwanese Americans in the United States.
Today, Taiwanese Americans range from doctors, lawyers, engineers, business leaders, entrepreneurs, fashion designers, musicians, chefs, and sports players. There are organizations promoting culture, professional careers, public policy, and all sorts of issues. Helping us make sense of all this is HoChie Tsai, who is practically an institution within the Taiwanese American community. We’ll also talk about whether Taiwanese Americans should, or have a right to, be involved in affairs in Taiwan, and about what the third and even fourth generation might do.
Oh, and Jeremy Lin. Here is our interview.
(Photo credit by University of Michigan ITASA 2012 Team)
- What is Brand Taiwan?: Conversation with Audrey Tang (Part 2) - April 4, 2017
- Convenience Store as News Media: Conversation with Audrey Tang (Part 1) - March 16, 2017
- 與《Taiwan by Design》作者易安妮訪談 - May 13, 2016
- Taiwan by Design: An Interview with Annie Ivanova - May 7, 2016
- 台灣十大同志友善地點 - March 7, 2016
- Top 10 LBGTI Destinations in Taiwan - February 15, 2016
- Social Democracy in Taiwan (KP34) - August 12, 2015
- Internet Media in Taiwan (KP33) - July 30, 2015
- Sunflowers For A Year (KP32) - April 3, 2015
- Industry, Environment, Taiwan (KP31) - February 6, 2015