35 years after the Taiwan Relations Act, how has the relationship between the US and Taiwan evolved, and how have people worked on shaping it? Shortly after the student protesters occupied Taiwan’s parliament in April, we talked to Coen Blaauw and Gerrit van der Wees from the Formosan Association for Public Affairs (FAPA), to answer these questions:
- What is the history of grass-roots advocacy for Taiwan relations in the United States?
- What is the current landscape for US policy on Taiwan, and who are the players? Is there a counter-lobby?
- What are the most important pieces of policy work with US-Taiwan relations right now?
Join us and learn about the US “Gang of Four” Senators and Representatives speaking for Taiwan in the 1980s, the divergent views on Taiwan in Washington, and how the recent Sunflower Movement changed things in the minds of policymakers.
- Convenience Store as News Media: Conversation with Audrey Tang (Part 1) - March 16, 2017
- 與《Taiwan by Design》作者易安妮訪談 - May 13, 2016
- Taiwan by Design: An Interview with Annie Ivanova - May 7, 2016
- 台灣十大同志友善地點 - March 7, 2016
- Top 10 LBGTI Destinations in Taiwan - February 15, 2016
- Social Democracy in Taiwan (KP34) - August 12, 2015
- Internet Media in Taiwan (KP33) - July 30, 2015
- Sunflowers For A Year (KP32) - April 3, 2015
- Industry, Environment, Taiwan (KP31) - February 6, 2015
- Taiwan After 2014 Elections (KP30) - December 2, 2014